PT Gorontalo Listrik Perdana (GLP) has fulfiled the financing date for coal fired power plant (PLTU) Sulbagut-1 as declared by state utility firm Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN) which tendered the said project. So the construction of this PLTU will start soon. GLP is a consortium, majority owned by PT Toba Bara Sejahtra Tbk (TOBA) with 60% interest. PT Toba Sejahtra and Shanghai Electric Power Contruction hold the rest 40% interest. GLP and PLN had signed agreement for power sale and purchase. This project is located in North Gorontalo Regency, North Sulawesi. PLTU Sulbagut-1 has capacity of 2×50 megawatts. This PLTU is targeted to enter commercial on date (COD) in 2019.